Thank you for visiting Virginia Right!Maintaining Independence from Establishment Influence
Let’s get my bona fides on Brexit (the UK leaves the EU) and an independent Scotland on the table first: I’m for Brexit! I’m also for an independent Scotland! So when I suggest that Scotland voters who want to keep independence on the table for the...
By Bob Shannon Central Garage Having attended the majority of the Board of Supervisor meetings the last 8 years, I can’t say until Land Use Exemption Programs came under threat, and the tax shifting game was exposed, do I even recall Mr. Mills attending these...
By Ron Hedlund My name is Ron Hedlund. I am a lifelong Republican and former GOP unit chairman from Alleghany County. I am supporting Vince Haley for RPV Chairman because the state party apparatus is broken and out of control due to Interim Chairman, John Whitbeck’s...
To say I was surprised when I read the Governor’s email message (I am on the Governor’s email list not because he knows me but I signed up to get the messages. I get a lot of propaganda but some useful information and this is one example.) about the mass...
Houston, “we have an umpire problem,” all right. It’s from top to bottom and everywhere in between. By Waverly Woods Even though I am a Cruz supporter and candidate for delegate to the RNC Convention in Ohio, I would support Donald Trump if he should become our...
RADIO FREE BRAT! Cong. Brat’s Remarks on the Floor of the US House on Executive Power; And Sandy’s Announcement I Promised you Yesterday!
From the Cong. Brat Congressional office: Rep. Dave Brat spoke on the House floor Monday about President Obama’s illegal Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) and the United States vs. Texas case being heard by the Supreme Court. The Governors and Attorneys...
While we in Hanover and New Kent are behind the lines, I will try to keep you informed – from a Brat campaign email: Dear Elwood, Last week, the Senate Finance Committee heard testimony from IRS Commissioner John Koskinen, who stunned members with his admission...
My son and his fiancee went to Walmart in Mechanicsville today to buy groceries. They are regular customers there and shop at least once a week. Usually several times a week. Now I’ll be honest. I would rather have a root canal than shop at Walmart and avoid it...
This is such an interesting idea that I had to get it out to the blog. The Republicans must unite to defeat Secretary Hillary Clinton and unless they want to do something bold at an open convention like nominate former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, they better...
All my readers know about my admiration for Tim Tebow (Even though he turned down the Crimson Tide for the Florida Gators – but hey nobody’s perfect!) Check out this report from Christine Rousselle at Townhall: Former Heisman Trophy winner Tim Tebow is...
If you had told me not too long ago that we would reach the point in America where a president would order that mentally ill people who fancied themselves to be members of the opposite sex would not only have this delusional fantasy “accommodated” but by...
I have always admired the Bush family and their collective service to our nation. George H.W Bush in particular because of his heroic service during WW II and his genuine zest for life, exhibited up until the last few years with his age defying acts to celebrate his...
The Fourth District GOP Convention will be held on Saturday May 21 and there are three candidates seeking the nod to represent the district in Cleveland in July. They are: Chesapeake City Councilman Robert Ike, Jr. Radio personality John Fredericks John’s wife,...
Ballot Access Blues: Virginia is now more of an outlier than ever – Oklahoma reduces ballot access from 10% to 2.5%
Here’s the report from Ballot Access News and also a hat tip to the Independent Political Report (I like this blog): On May 5, Oklahoma Governor Mary Fallin signed SB 896. This bill lowers the number of votes for a party to remain on the ballot, from 10% for the...
The Council has spoken, the votes have been cast, and the results are in for this week’s Watcher’s Council match up.
“The political machine triumphs because it is a united minority acting against a divided majority.” – Will Durant
“Anything may happen when womanhood has ceased to be a protected occupation.” – Virginia Woolf
“Disguise, I see thou art a wickedness,/ Wherein the…enemy does much.” – William Shakespeare, Twelfth Night
This week’s winning essay,Bookworm Room’s The broken windows theory of public bathrooms and gender identity Is her look at the realities of the controversy over transgenders using women’s bathrooms. Here’s a slice:
The social justice warriors have been busy on my “real-me” Facebook page, ridiculing the concerns of ordinary Americans who cannot understand why, out of the blue, they are suddenly being told that gender isn’t a biological reality but is, instead, a mere social construct that a person can socially reconstruct on a daily basis — and, moreover, that this sudden gender fluidity means that it’s an act of gross discrimination to contend that public bathrooms should be limited to reflect a person’s basic biology (i.e., penis or no penis).
Despite disagreeing strongly with the whole “gender fluidity” claim, even I must admit that the social justice warriors have come up with what I consider are two good arguments to support their case. Conceding that these arguments have some validity, though, does not erase the fact that the SJWs are still completely wrong to demand that America abandon long-standing laws and practices respecting gender differences.
The first valid argument is that true transgender women (by which I mean people who completely identify as women but who are biologically men) are almost never violent towards others:
The second argument is that these true transgender women, the ones who dress and act like women, often to the point of being indistinguishable from women, are already using women’s restrooms and have been doing so forever, without anyone being the wiser:
I’ll add one more argument: Long before the bathroom wars heated up and women suddenly got concerned about men in their bathrooms and locker rooms, sexual perverts have been trolling women’s bathrooms:
So, if true transgenders aren’t violent, if this bathroom sharing has been existing sub rosa forever, and if perverts have been using women’s bathrooms long before transgender rights became an issue, why do I still believe that it’s important that we continue our current biologically-based gender segregation in bathrooms and changing rooms? It’s important because of what I think of as the “broken windows” theory of public bathrooms.
Much more at the link.
In our non-Council category, the winner was Terra Incognita–Endemic Hatred of Jews submitted by Bookworm Room . Seth Franzman does a fine job here in exploring that age-old subject ‘Why the Jews?’
Here are this week’s full results. Only Fausta and The Daley Gator were unable to vote,but neither was subject to the usual 2/3 penalty for not voting. One of the Victor Davis Hanson pieces was submitted by two members under different titles (which yours truly didn’t catch). So I combined those votes:
- *First place with 3 votes!–Bookworm Room – The broken windows theory of public bathrooms and gender identity
- Second place with 1 2/3 votes – Joshuapundit–Indiana,The End Of The Beginning
- Third place with 1 1/3 votes –The Noisy Room – Trump’s Incoherent, Inconsistent, Russian-Loving Foreign Policy
- Fourth place with 1 vote –GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – North Korea’s EMP Threat
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote –The Glittering Eye –The American Experience 2016
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote –Puma By Design – Black Trump Supporter Calls Out Racist Protesters As Propaganda Victims
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote –Nice Deb – Saturday Movie Matinee: The Triggering
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote –VA Right! – Cruz Moving to Suspend His Campaign With Indiana Loss Today? Here’s Why
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote –Stately McDaniel Manor – The Freddie Gray Case, Update 33.7: The Ferguson Effect–Baltimore Version
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote –Fausta’s Blog – Cuba: The dotty old Brit and the NBC apologist
- First place with 2 1/3 votes! –Terra Incognita–Endemic Hatred of Jews submitted by Bookworm Room
- Third place *t* with 1 vote – Aaron M. Renn/City Journal – Black Residents Matter submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Third place *t* with 1 vote –War On The Rocks – The Catastrophic Success Of The U.S. Air force submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Fourth place with 2/3 votes –Victor Davis Hanson – The Nihilism of Sanctuary Cities submitted by Puma By Design
- Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote –Richard Fernandez/PJ Media – The Death Of A Nation submitted by Fausta’s Blog
- Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote –Ilya Somin/WAPO –Victims of Communism Day submitted by Nice Deb
- Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote – The Algeimeiner – 13-Year-Old Israeli Girl Develops Satellite System for Producing Oxygen in Space submitted by The Watcher
Second place *t* with 2 votes –National Review –Something New Under The Political Sun submitted by Stately McDaniel Manor and The Noisy Room
Second place *t* with 2 votes –Thomas Lifeson/American Thinker – It’s Trump. Get over it submitted by The Watcher
See you next week!
Make sure to tune in every Monday for the Watcher’s Forum. and every Tuesday morning, when we reveal the weeks’ nominees for Weasel of the Week!
And remember, every Wednesday, the Council has its weekly contest with the members nominating two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. The votes are cast by the Council, and the results are posted on Friday morning.
It’s a weekly magazine of some of the best stuff written in the blogosphere, and you won’t want to miss it...or any of the other fantabulous Watcher’s Council content.
Here is what I don’t get about the #NeverTrump people. We know that they are pretty much exclusively Cruz supporters who have an almost cult-like attraction for him. They believe that it was God’s plan that Cruz be the next president, perhaps that he was...
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday morning.
This week we were sad indeed to say goodbye to long time Council member Brent Parrish at The Right Planet.
Brent is taking a hiatus from blogging to concentrate on family and business concerns, and all of us wish him the best. And of course, as a plugged in member of the WoW community, we’ll look forward to hearing from from him in the future in our Forum,our inter-Council threads and perhaps, even an article as a non-council submission if he gets the bug to write again, which we certainly hope he will.
This means we currently have a vacancy on the Watcher’s Council, the oldest and most established blogging group in the ‘sphere. Any talented, interested parties should contact me directly by leaving a comment on any story on JoshuaPundit including your name, site name and e-mail info as well as anything else you wish to include. Needless to say,it won’t be published but I will respond promptly to your inquiry and tell you what’s involved.
So, let’s see what we have for you this week….
- The Noisy Room – Trump’s Incoherent, Inconsistent, Russian-Loving Foreign Policy
- Puma By Design – Black Trump Supporter Calls Out Racist Protesters As Propaganda Victims
- Bookworm Room – The broken windows theory of public bathrooms and gender identity
- Fausta’s Blog – Cuba: The dotty old Brit and the NBC apologist
- Stately McDaniel Manor – The Freddie Gray Case, Update 33.7: The Ferguson Effect–Baltimore Version
- Joshuapundit–Indiana,The End Of The Beginning
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – North Korea’s EMP Threat
- The Glittering Eye –The American Experience 2016
- The Daley Gator – Your Self-Defense Story of the Day
- VA Right! – Cruz Moving to Suspend His Campaign With Indiana Loss Today? Here’s Why
- The Razor – Paypal’s Gay Rights Hypocrisy
- Nice Deb – Saturday Movie Matinee: The Triggering
- Victor Davis Hanson/NRO –Donald Trump, Postmodern Nihilist submitted by The Noisy Room
- Victor Davis Hanson – The Nihilism of Sanctuary Cities submitted by Puma By Design
- Terra Incognita–Endemic Hatred of Jews submitted by Bookworm Room
- Richard Fernandez/PJ Media – The Death Of A Nation submitted by Fausta’s Blog
- National Review –Something New Under The Political Sun submitted by Stately McDaniel Manor
- Roger L. Simon/PJ Media – The Presidency Is Trump’s to Lose—The Sequel submitted by JoshuaPundit
- War On The Rocks – The Catastrophic Success Of The U.S. Air force submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Aaron M. Renn/City Journal – Black Residents Matter submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Jihad Watch – Bangladesh: Muslims hurl bombs at home of Christian family submitted by VA Right!
- James E. Miller/Taki’s Magazine –America’s Thinning Cohesion submitted by The Razor
- Ilya Somin/WAPO –Victims of Communism Day submitted by Nice Deb
- Thomas Lifeson/American Thinker – It’s Trump. Get over it submitted by The Watcher
- The Algeimeiner – 13-Year-Old Israeli Girl Develops Satellite System for Producing Oxygen in Space submitted by The Watcher
- YNET – Trump: Israel should ‘keep going’ with settlements expansions submitted by The Watcher
- James Taranto/WSJ – The Upset in Indiana: A timely reminder of Mrs. Clinton’s weaknesssubmitted by The Watcher
Yes, I am happy that my candidate won. I am just as glad it is over. The stress that this contest placed on friends that are on the same team has been tremendous. And I am empathetic with my friends that had their hopes and dreams dashed last night with the...